GIGABYTE AMD TRX40 DESIGNARE MB w Direct 16+3 Phases Infineon Digital VRM
GIGABYTE AMD TRX40 DESIGNARE MB w Direct 16+3 Phases Infineon Digital VRM
GIGABYTE AMD TRX40 DESIGNARE MB w Direct 16+3 Phases Infineon Digital VRM, Fins-Array Heatsink, Dual INTEL LAN, 4 PCIe 4.0 M.2 w Thermal Guards, Bundled GC-Tit
Push your computing experience to the max with the Gigabyte TRX40 DESIGNARE TRX4 XL-ATX Motherboard. Designed to take full advantage of the AMD TRX40 chipset’s large PCIe 4.0 data bandwidth using third-generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors with the TRX4 socket, this XL-ATX is built to deliver high-end performance to enthusiasts and professionals who require top performance to run demanding applications. Time for intensive tasks such as 3D rendering, video editing, gaming, and more can be significantly reduced. Up to 256GB of quad-channel ECC DDR4 RAM, reaching 4400 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across eight memory slots. The motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to four M.2 SSDs on board, with another four through the included AORUS Gen4 AIC Adapter, and eight SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, or 10 configuration. Its four PCIe 4.0 x16 slots can accommodate 2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, and Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFire configurations to maximize your system’s graphical capabilities for high frame rates, connecting 4K and 8K monitors, and faster video rendering times.
A GC-Titan Ridge add-in card is included with the TRX40 DESIGNARE to provide additional video ports and high-speed Thunderbolt 3 connectors that can transfer data at up to 40 Gb/s. The motherboard also features the Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec to deliver deep and immersive DTS:X Ultra 7.1-channel surround sound. Other features include fast internet connections via two cFosSpeed-accelerated wired Intel Gigabit Ethernet ports and the built-in 802.11ax Wi-Fi. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards using the desktop software or mobile app. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard’s features.
AMD TRX40 Chipset
- The TRX40 DESIGNARE motherboard features an Infineon multiphase PWM controller, a 16+3 phase for vCore and SOC, and an Infineon TDA21472 Power Stage MOSFET to provide up to 70A of power from each phase, totaling 1330A.
- This motherboard uses a double copper layer PCB design to efficiently deliver power to critical components at lower temperatures.
- OC-PEG provides two onboard SATA power connectors, each from a different phase of the power supply, to deliver stable power to 3-Way and 4-Way multi-GPU configurations.
Designed for Durability
- An integrated I/O shield makes installing the motherboard easier and more convenient.
- Gigabyte’s double locking brackets keep PCIe slots securely affixed to the motherboard.
- Static resistance and anti-surge technologies help to protect the motherboard against damage caused by static electricity and irregular power delivery.
- Solid plated ATX 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors deliver a stable power supply to key components.
- With the Q-Flash Plus feature, you can update the BIOS without having to install a CPU or video card. Simply copy the new BIOS file to a USB flash drive, insert it into the designated port, then press the Q-Flash button.
- The DualBIOS design features a secondary backup BIOS to help recover from computer viruses, hardware issues, and other issues that could endanger your computer.
- Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange fan headers to correspond with the thermal sensors located across the motherboard so that the system stays cool while maintaining a high level of performance for games and other demanding applications.
- Fan Stop lets you to take control of your computer’s noise level by allowing specified fans to halt when the system drops to a designated temperature level. These settings may be customized according to your preferences.
- Hybrid Fan Headers automatically detect the connected liquid- or air-cooling systems, enabling Smart Fan 5 to monitor information such as flow-rate.
Storage and Memory
- Four M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs.
- Included AORUS Gen4 AIC Adapter supports four M.2 PCIe x4 NVMe SSDs up to type 22110.
- Eight SATA III headers are available for hard drives and 2.5″ SSDs.
- RAID 0, 1, and 10 configurations are supported.
- Up to 256GB of quad-channel DDR4-4400 (OC) memory can be installed across eight slots.
AORUS Gen4 AIC Adapter
- 4 x M.2 PCIe 4.0/3.0 Slots
- Supports PCIe x4 NVMe SSDs up to type 22110
- 8 x Temperature Sensors
- 1.9″ Double Ball Bearing Fan
- Supports High-Frequency Memory
- Full PCI Express 4.0 Design
- Read/Write Performance up to 15,000 MB/s
- SSD Thermal Guard
- Easy Software RAID with Single Click
- Custom AORUS Storage Manager
- Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified add-in card
- Intel DSL7540 Thunderbolt 3 controller
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C) port
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.4 port
- 2 x Mini-DisplayPort In
- 40 Gb/s max bandwidth
- Daisy-chain up to 12 Devices
- Up to 100W Power Delivery
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 Interface
NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX Support
- The Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec provides vibrant 7.1-channel surround sound to your speakers.
- Smart Headphone Amp automatically detects the impedance of your headphones.
- Up to 110 dB SNR to headphones from front audio port.
- Up to 114 dB SNR when recording audio from your microphone.
- High-grade capacitors are used for feedback signal processing.
- The DTS:X Ultra codec realistically recreates spatial audio experiences for games using almost any headphone of speaker set.
- Two Intel Gigabit LAN ports use the cFosSpeed network traffic management application to automatically allocate bandwidth so that the highest network priority goes to games or specified applications.
- Intel 802.11ax Wi-Fi enables Gigabit wireless performance for online games and streaming media, with speeds up to 2.4 Gb/s.
- Adjustable smart antenna is designed to deliver a strong and stable Wi-Fi signal.
- Bluetooth 5 offers a faster transmission rate and 4X the range of Bluetooth 4.2.
RGB Fusion 2.0 Lighting
Gigabyte DESIGNARE Specs
|USB||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
5 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0 Type-A
|Audio||5 x 3.5 mm
1 x S/PDIF
|Ethernet / Controller||2 x Intel Gigabit|
|Wi-Fi Antenna||2 x Connector|
|Buttons||BIOS Flashback, Clear CMOS|
|Memory Slots||8 x 288-Pin|
|Memory Support||DDR4 2133, 2400, 2667, 2933, 3200, 3300, 3333, 3400, 3466, 3600, 3733, 3866, 4000, 4133, 4266, 4400 MHz|
|Maximum Capacity||256 GB|
|Channel Architecture||Quad Channel|
|ECC Support||Non-ECC, ECC Unbuffered|
|SATA||8 x SATA III|
|M.2||1 x M Key 2260, 2280, 22110 (PCIe 4.0 x4, PCIe 4.0 x2, SATA (Unspecified))
1 x M Key 2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4, PCIe 4.0 x2, SATA (Unspecified))
1 x M Key 2280, 22110 (PCIe 4.0 x4, PCIe 4.0 x2, SATA (Unspecified))
1 x M Key 2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4, PCIe 4.0 x2)
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 10|
|Expansion Slots||2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x16 mode)
2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x8 mode)
1 x PCIe 4.0 x1
|USB||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Header (Supports 1 USB Type-C Port)
2 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 4 USB Type-A Port)
1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB Type-A Port)
|Multi-GPU Support||2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, Quad-GPU AMD CrossFireX
2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI
|Air Cooling||1 x 4-Pin CPU
2 x 4-Pin System
4 x 4-Pin Assistant
2 x Thermal Sensor
|Liquid Cooling||1 x 4-Pin Pump|
|Power Connectors||1 x 24-Pin Mainboard
1 x 8-Pin CPU
1 x 15-Pin SATA
|LED Header||4 x RGB|
|Audio||1 x Speaker|
|Diagnostics||BIOS Selection, Clear CMOS, Flash BIOS, Measurement Points, Power, Reset|
|Add-On||1 x Thunderbolt Card Header|
|I/O Connection Headers||AAFP, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2|
|Audio Codec||Realtek ALC1220-VB (7.1-Channel)|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) (MU-MIMO)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10 (64-Bit)|
|Dimensions||12.80 x 10.59″ / 32.5 x 26.9 cm|
|Package Weight||10.07 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||15.1 x 12.5 x 5.2″|
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
We can ship to virtually any address in Australia. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full kilogram.