Customer Terms of Sale
The use of Cool River Stores website is governed by the terms and agreement set forth below. Please read them carefully. Your use of the website indicate acceptance of this terms and conditions. Cool River Stores reserves the right to make changes to this website and the terms and conditions at any time without any prior notice. Cool River Stores is a service provider to the website and is also referred to as ‘us’, ‘Cool River’, ‘vendor’, ‘we’. The customer is the individual or organisation who is using the website and its services, it is also referred to ‘you’, ‘customers’
- Compatibility between all hardware or software products is not guaranteed. It is the customers responsibility to ensure compatibility issues between all hardware and software to be resolved prior to ordering.
- Cool River Stores has limited information regarding compatibility and will try to assist customers when possible, however customers are encouraged to do their own research first.
- Cool River Stores will only make recommendations and compatibility guarantee commitment in writing, thus customers are required to make a formal request for this in writing or by email.
- It is generally recommended to purchase products made by the same manufacturer to ensure a higher chance of compatibility.
- If any compatibility issue does arise, please refer to our Returns policy
- Our website provides a realtime stock level availability indicator which can be described as follows:
- In stock (All Stores) = All stores have the product in stock
- In stock (Some Store) = Some store has stock, please select Availability to find out which store has the stock.
- In stock (Other store) = When you have selected your store location, stock is located at other store, check Availability to see which store has the stock.
- Order Only = Not in stock, special order to be placed with our supplier, may take 1-3 days average turnaround time to reach our warehouse. It is also subject to availability at our supplier.
- Out Of Stock = Stock is temporarily unavailable from the supplier until further notice
- All advertised products with the availability status ‘In Stock and ‘On Special’ are subject to “while stock last”. No guarantees of stock allocation until we confirm your order has been picked and scanned.
- Lay-by or rainchecks are not available.
- Item availability and prices are fluctuative and subject to change without notice. Always contact us for latest information by phone or email.
- Any order containing an Order Only item has to have at least a minimum of 10% deposit paid before we can place an order with our supplier.
- Orders placed that are Ready for shipping but waiting for final payment will only be held for 5 working days.
- For Order Only items, the final price and availability is subject to final confirmation from our supplier. If there’s any change to your order, we will endeavour to inform you within 48 hours during normal business hours.
- Although we do our best to keep our stock levels up on most items we cannot guarantee availability on all items so we encourage a formal query to be made especially for ‘Limited Stock’ status items prior to pickup (via email/fax/telephone). Items in stock will be allocated and reserved only to customers with a formal purchase order or website order.
Note regarding products labelled Refurbished / Ex Demo / Ex Warranty:
- At times Cool River offers products labelled as Refurbished / Ex Demo / Ex Warranty. This stock is not brand new and is generally from:
– Might be as new condition but open box or box damaged
– Stock used for display purposes
– Customer returns for change of mind
– Manufacturer replaced from warranty claims
– Manufacturer refurbished from warranty claims
- This stock is offered at a significantly discounted price from brand new stock.
- Unless specified otherwise Cool River offers the same warranty periods on this stock as is for brand new stock.
- If you would like to find out specific details regarding any such item please inquire with your sales representative.
3. Returns, Refunds, Cancellations and Warranty
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- Address for returning products in Person / Courier / Post
Cool River Stores Pty Ltd
c/o Viking Logistics
2/31 Waler Cr., Smeaton Grange, NSW 2567
- Customers must first apply for a return authorisation (RA) on our website before returning any product. In the case where access to our website is not available, customer can always contact our support team by calling our 1300 321 358 to obtain the return authorisation number. When returning a product, it must be returned with the RA number clearly visible outside the packaging. Product returned without an RA number will be rejected. Any returns outside of warranty claims, are subject to our prior approval. To return goods you may follow this link: www.Cool River.com.au/warranty/
- Within ACCC guidelines for the refund of goods under warranty, if the goods returned have had a fair amount of use, Cool River is allowed to offer partial refund or replacement only based on the remaining warranty period based on the original invoice. For purposes when calculating depreciation, lifetime warranty products will be based on 5 years.
- Please select your goods carefully before placing your order or ask for our written advice by placing a product inquiry before purchasing as we do not accept returns for refunds, credit or exchanges based on change of mind, incorrectly ordered, incompatible or unsuitable goods. Returns under this category will be at Cool River’s discretion and may attract a restocking fee which is fixed at the current market value less 15%.
- We reserve the right to reject any returns unless goods are returned to us in its original packaging and complete accessories. Returns of products that have been dropped/damaged/modified/tampered/manufacturer labels removed will not be accepted. Goods that have already been opened are subject to our testing and approval and may require additional time to process. Returns of software or games will not be accepted unless its for a warranty claim.
- Cool River offers a 7 days new for new replacement guarantee based on DOA (Dead On Arrival). Whereby if a product purchased by customer is found to be faulty in 7 days of ‘receiving’ (if send by courier) and/or date of invoice, Cool River will guarantee an instant new replacement (subject to stock availability) or customer can also choose a store credit or a refund. This will be subject to our approval once product has been returned to us and tested. All shipping costs involved in processing of DOA goods will be fully covered by Cool River. Product claimed under DOA are to be returned to us within the 7 days period of claiming DOA as otherwise it’ll be treated as a normal warranty claim.
- Advance replacement is only available for DOA items if customer purchase and pay for the same item again and once the faulty product is returned and approved to meet the warranty terms and condition , we will then credit/refund their account. We will do our best to speed up the process of warranty returns provided all products returned are meeting the warranty terms and conditions. (see below)
- If goods received are not as per ordered, please inform Cool River within 24 hours of receiving the delivery, do not open any packaging or use the goods as it will be deemed an acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for return. Cool River may pack non retail boxed items using re-used packaging materials for added protection (e.g. hard drive packed inside an empty retail cdrom box).
- There will be no credit or refund given on the price difference of the ordered items due to price drops once the product has been processed and shipped out. Prices of computer parts are volatile and we do not control the price fluctuations. All creditcard surcharges are non-refundable.
- We do not accept any returns of any opened and used products that may breach the health & safety regulations such as headsets, ear pieces and headphones, unless the item is faulty under the warranty terms.
- Cool River reserves the title of ownership for any extra or incorrect goods shipped as result of our error. We will arrange any extra shipments to recover these goods, and cover the cost in resolving this issue.
- Cancellation of orders involving a computer system that is already built, will be charged at least a minimum of 15% restocking fee. This is to cover for our time and depreciation of opened goods.
- Cancellation of any order that has all items picked and scanned, that has been either partly or fully paid, will result in a minimum 15% deduction from the total order amount to be refunded, this will be waived if Cool River cannot supply the goods due to our own fault/supplier problems.
- Cancellation of specially ordered items (Order Only) that is already ordered at the supplier/confirmed/instock will attract a minimum fee of 15% deducted from the order value/deposit paid.. Except if Cool River cannot supply the item you ordered, in which case the entire deposit or payment will be refunded to you in full.
- Cancellation must be informed to us ‘in writing’ as soon as possible, any cancellation after a product has been packed and shipped out will result in the customer liable for all shipping and handling charges as well as any cancellation fees that may apply.
- Cool River reserve the right to cancel any order that is ready for customer to pickup/for delivery after 3 working days of non payment or non contact by customer. Any deposits paid will be forfeited by customer.
- All products sold by Cool River carry a full manufacturer warranty. Cool River will process all warranty claims with the manufacturer on behalf of customers unless the manufacturer has a direct warranty option to the customer. Some products do offer an extended limited warranty which customers may require registration with the manufacturer. In the event of a manufacturer or supplier closure, we will endeavour to fulfil our warranty commitments however we can not guarantee the outcome.
- Any product returned for a warranty claim, depending on its age and availability, will generally be repaired, replaced with new or refurbished, upgraded or refunded by the manufacturers.
- Manufacturers offering lifetime warranty refer to the lifetime of the product (assuming the product is still available from the manufacturer) unless specified otherwise. In the event that the product becomes obsolete, it may be upgraded to a similar product or a credit will be given at the current market value or purchased price whichever is lower; however the outcome is entirely dependent on each manufacturer’s policy.
- Cool River do not handle warranty returns for products that already provide a local or direct manufacturer to customer warranty service. These products include printers, scanners, networking products and monitors and many other retail products. Please read the manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions for the specific details. Please look at the forum link on our website for a detailed manufacturer technical support contact number listing here: Manufacturer Contact Page.
- Warranty is provided solely on products sold by Cool River. Other faulty products used in conjunction that are not purchased from Cool River will not be covered under warranty.
- Any product sold by Cool River is meant to be professionally installed; improper installation is NOT covered under warranty. Please seek a professional assistance if required, to avoid paying any unnecessary cost for replacement or repair.
- Cool River will also apply a Tamper Proof warranty sticker to the back of the case in every system built. This is done as part of our Quality Control. It is not used to prevent customers from accessing the inside of their computer in the future. Removal of this warranty sticker will only void any claims of loss, incomplete, damaged hardware, or incorrectly installed hardware in a system upon arrival. Customers should be able to verify their computer components in the system thru software without opening up the case. When a Cool River system is deemed faulty or contain incorrect configuration we require that systems be returned to us with the warranty sticker still attached to ensure there has been no tampering. By removing this sticker customer will also accept to pay for any labour/courier costs associated with future warranty claims of the system.
- Cool River does NOT cover any software installation issues e.g. drivers or system software updates for any computer where Cool River did not install the software originally. Should any warranty claims arise where software is at fault, installed by the customer, standard charges will apply.
- Cool River will NOT be liable in any way for incidental, consequential or indirect loss resulting from faulty systems or parts. Cool River is not responsible for any data loss; backing up of data is the responsibility of the customer. Cool River does not provide a backup or data recovery service when sending hard disks for warranty claims. Hard drives sent for warranty are always replaced with a new/refurbished unit.
- Warranty will be void for any non-manufacturing defects, if the item is found to be mishandled, modified, tampered, abused, physically damaged, improperly installed and used, or damaged caused by power surges, electrical faults and lightning strikes. Products returned that show evidence of user induced damage, overclocking, tampering or modification, will be denied. This includes improper installation of the CPU heatsink, scratches on motherboard, failure of fan/heatsink, cutting of cables or the soldering of components.
- Under the Return to Base warranty policy, all shipping charges for any product returned to Cool River incurred in a warranty claim will be at the expense of the customer. Cool River will only pay for the return freight to the customer, except for rejected warranty, non faulty returns or bulky items older than 6 months from date of invoice.
- Warranty must be properly packaged in the condition acceptable by the vendor. (please provide original packaging if possible or adequate safe packaging as insufficient safe packaging that caused physical damage will result in warranty being voided)
- Turnaround time for warranty returns may depend on the availability of the replacement product from manufacturer. The process of warranty returns involves the shipping of warranty to Cool River, product testing time, obtaining approval from the supplier, the shipping of warranty to our supplier, supplier’s own testing, shipment back to us, testing of the part if its a repaired item, and finally shipment back to the end user.
- A large percentage of warranty returns are tested to be without fault. In the event the product is not faulty, Cool River reserves the right to charge a maximum labour fee of $50 per product for time spent on testing the product.
- Cool River will not be responsible for keeping any warranty returns that are unclaimed or have not been picked up for more than 3 months. Customer must always leave a valid contact detail for warranty.
4.0 General policies / Disclaimers
- All prices quoted on the website are inclusive of GST, but does not include delivery, and is based on payment by either Cash, EFTPOS, Money Order or Direct Deposit. AMEX card payment will incur 2.0% surcharge. VISA/Mastercard incurs a zero surcharge as of 13th May 2019 at 10:52am. at PayPal incurs zero surcharge. As of 1 June 2017 8:40am.
- All products advertised do not include the cost for any installation or troubleshooting compatibility issues. If you require assistance on installation/troubleshooting, this will be charged at our standard labour charge of $75/hour.
- As errors and omissions may occur, pricing, product information and availability is not final until it has been confirmed by Cool River staff either by email, phone or in person.
- Cool River does not match pricing of the competitors directly because the market price fluctuates with many variables involved. However we are always happy to take a look at the order/quote pricing for you, if you believe there is a pricing discrepancy listed on the Cool River website.
- All prices are subject to change without notice. By placing the order, the customer has agreed to pay the prices as listed on the order form at the time the order was originally submitted. However we reserve the right to increase/reduce the price for items that are not in stock (stock with order only status) at the time of ordering as final/latest pricing can only be confirmed at the time of purchase from our supplier. For all other items that are in stock or order that is already completed, the price will remain as is, we will not offer rebate or reimbursement of price differences in this situation.
6.0 Sales Tax
- All of our advertised prices are already inclusive of GST. We do not sell ex-GST prices to any individuals or businesses.
- We are registered to collect GST on behalf of ATO, our ABN no is 79 775 620 896, GST components (10% Goods and Services Tax) are shown per individual item in our invoices.
- You are not required to give your ABN number when purchasing products from us unless you are a Government, Education or Corporate customers.
- We do not sell duty free to anyone including overseas travellers. However for overseas travellers, you are able to purchase from us and claim back the GST from the customs department before you leave as long as you provide the invoice/receipt and will depart within 30 days from the purchase date.
7.0 Copyright and Trademarks
- Cool River owns the copyright and trademarks to all our intellectual properties which include the word Cool River, its website and logo. Any person/business entity who use it without our prior written consent will be deemed as breaching the copyright law and we will seek legal claims.
- Manufacturer’s images, trademarks and links used within our websites are reserved copyrights and trademarks of their respective owners.
- All original images as well as links are used to allow more up-to-date and accurate information to be passed onto the visitor’s of this website. If customer do find there is any product or images that is inaccurate we will be appreciative if they let us know as we endeavour to correct it immediately.
- We do not own or publish the contents of the information within the links, we are only acting as a reseller of the products.
8.0 Shipping & Insurance
- All prices listed for each product on the website are for cash and pickup payment, and is not inclusive of any shipping charges or insurance.
- Any freight charges we quoted are for shipping only and does not include any insurance cover. Insurance will now be optional and charged according to the order value and only cover a maximum value of $5,000 per courier order and for the transit of goods shipped from Cool River to the customer only. Thus any courier orders which has any goods damaged or lost that insurance has not been paid, will not be replaced/reimbursed. Customer is encouraged to take up insurance if they wish to protect themselves against any damage/loss items in transits.
- Cool River does not currently process and ship orders to an overseas address, or has overseas contact address or paid using an overseas creditcard.
- All shipping addresses must have complete contact details that can be verified by a phone number (as listed in the Whitepages).
- We do not ship orders to a third party, unless Cool River can fully verify all the addresses and contact details as we required.
- Delivery to work or non residential addresses must be accompanied with full verifiable details such as company name, address, phone number and contact name.
- The customer is responsible to be available for delivery and to sign and accept the goods, redelivery attempts may cost extra and may be passed on to customer if delivery address is unattended.
- Redirection of your delivery is available at an extra cost and must be firstly authorised through Cool River, as non authorised redirection will incur hefty charges and will forfeit any insurance claims for loss or damage.
- In the event of a refund, any shipping and insurance charges are not refundable unless it is genuinely our fault.
- The customer is responsible for all extra freight charges, which include redelivery, redirection, refused shipments and incorrectly given delivery details.
- Customers can track their order using the consignment numbers given in your email confirmation and delivery status can be tracked via the courier’s website
- Shipping charges are calculated by the cubic size or its dead weight, whichever is more.
- Goods shipped are packed with adequate protective packing materials, as a result, this may increase the size and weight, however, the risk of damage is minimised greatly.
- All claims for damage/theft must be filed with Cool River Stores, we will not file this for you. If goods received seem to have damaged packaging, do not open any original packaging or use the item as it will be deemed as an acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for returns. All original boxes and packing material must be returned to us for proof of evidence. All claims for shortages/incorrect shipment/incorrect billing must be made within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- Cool River will not be held responsible for goods lost or arrived damaged if customers use their own couriers.
- Split Shipments may incur individual shipping charges.
- For all Direct deposits and Cheques payment, our bank account detail is as follows:
Cool River Computers
Account number: 10410221
- We require an advanced payment (or a minimum of 10% deposit) for any specially ordered item (ORDER ONLY status) items or large orders. Balance of payment must be paid on pickup or before goods can be delivered. This 10% is refundable if we cannot fulfil your order but will be lost if customer cancel their order)
- For large orders or special order/custom built-systems valued over $1,000, we require the order to be fully pre-paid (paid in full) before any system can be built or deliveries can be made.
- Please be aware that if you are doing direct deposit payment using an internet banking from a different bank other than NAB, it may take up to 48 hours to show up in our account. We do not ship orders out until payment is fully confirmed to be ‘cleared’ fund in our account.
- Direct deposit payments must be referenced to the order number otherwise a processing delay could occur. Cool River will not be held responsible for any delays incurred as a result of incorrect or lack of detail in the payment. Customer is encouraged to contact Accounts via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they have made their payment.
- Payment by any type of cheque is subject to a banking clearance period of 3-5 working days, we do not process or ship out goods until cheque payments have been cleared.
- For all fully paid pick up orders, a driver’s licence request will be made on arrival to verify the individual picking up the order
- When paying by credit card, the customer must be contactable on a land line at the listed delivery address or work address, mobile phone or unlisted numbers will required further verification. We do not accept payment of credit card sent via email or overseas customers who have foreign creditcard.
- The customer will be required to email a copy their creditcard (fax/email) or drivers licence when placing an order with creditcard details that are not verifiable.
- If paying by credit card, the customer must provide accurate details and give authority to Cool River to be able to verify their details with their financial institution. Cool River may refuse to accept a credit card payment if it is deemed to have insufficient or unverifiable information.
- All customers have the option for a once off full creditcard verification upon their first order, which involves Cool River charging a random amount from your order total . Customer will be required to verify the amount charged on their creditcard with their financial institution and contact Cool River with the correct amount – the customer will then achieve a Fully Verifiedstatus. The fully verified status enables the customer to place future orders without going through any further verification process. This method is highly recommended as it will allow the customer full security and flexibility of online ordering in terms of order amount and delivery options.
10.0 Privacy Statement & Policy
- Cool River is highly committed in complying with the Australian and international privacy laws and to protect our customers privacy.
- Cool River collects details from its customer for the sole purpose of processing the customer’s order more efficiently and to allow customers to fully experience and benefit our online ordering features.
- All customer and credit card data is securely processed and encrypted through the eWAY payment gateway to offer the highest level of protection possible. eWAY adheres to the highest security standards set by Visa and MasterCard. During the eWAY transactions, Cool River does not store the credit card personal details
- Cool River does not disclose, sell or trade any collected information of its customers to any third parties other than those used to provide customer feedback or to verify the order, such as banks or the financial issuer of creditcard.
- Cool River does not disclose any information about our suppliers to anyone unless it is deemed necessary.
- Cool River will use email and SMS whenever possible to keep customer informed of their order status.
- Cool River will not use customer details or email addresses for sending unsolicited emails (SPAM) unless the customer has opted into the Cool River Mailing List. We do however use the company TrustPilot to obtain feedback from our customers after the order has been completed, in order to improve overall service and customer satisfaction. It is the policy of TrustPilot not to distribute any information for any reason that users have not specifically made public. You can also opt out of TrustPilot feedback emails at any time.
- Cool River will provide the customer details to the appropriate authorities if the information we received is deemed to be false or misleading.
- Cool River will record all phone conversation for quality, security and training purposes. Please inform the operator if you do not wish to be recorded.
- Cool River uses ‘cookies’ for maintaining contact with a user through a website session. A cookie is a small file supplied by our web server and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access this site. An explanation of cookies can be found at the site of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Cookies allow us to recognize you as an individual as you move from one of our web pages to another.
- This information is only used to help you use our website systems more efficiently, for example by maintaining a record of what sorting you prefer to view pages in, not to track your movements through the internet, or to record private information about you.
- In addition to web server logs, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of this web site.
- Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’ to help analyse how users use this site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- Cool River use Remarketing with Google Analytics and Criteo to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show Cool River ads on sites across the Internet.
- Cool River and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
- Cool River may also use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
- Search terms you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what customers are looking for on our site, and to improve the services that we provide.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
- There maybe misprints, human errors, or omissions on our website. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products and specifications without notice.
- We are not responsible for typographical errors.
- From time to time manufacturer’s specifications are subject to change without notice as they improve their products therefore information as well as pictures and hyperlinks contained throughout this website can sometimes be out of date.
- We do not own or publish the content of the respective manufacturer’s website therefore the products we carry may sometime be different in content, packaging as well as technical specification as described by the links. If unsure and you have a specific requirement for a product please contact our sales team to confirm it otherwise we can not be held liable for any incorrect information supplied by the links on the website.
- All goods remain property of Cool River Stores until payment has been received in full. Until title passes, Cool River Stores can retain, repossess and/or resell all goods.
- Cool River reserves the right to withdraw any products or specials listed on its website and to update prices and stock availability according to the market condition without notice